If you want to deploy this project for yourself, there are a few things you will need first.
This is an ARM64 compute cluster, so if you have any workloads that are x86_64 only, you will need to either migrate them, or find another solution.
These are not strictly necessary for a successful deployment, but will be required if you want to administer the cluster or cloud resources from your local system.
- An Oracle Cloud account. 1
- A Cloudflare account and domain name. 2
- A Pushover account.
- A GitLab account to host your repository, and leverage the CI/CD system.
- A reasonable understanding of the technologies used within this project.
- Despite the fact that we are only leveraging always free resources, your Oracle Cloud account still needs to be on the Pay-as-you-Go (PAYG) tier. The reasons for this are twofold. One, it is nearly impossible to provision the compute resources from the free tier resource pool. Two, the Kubernetes control-plane is not available on the free tier account.↩
- You can use another DNS provider if you prefer, but you will need to modify the external-dns operator's configuration more extensively.↩