By following the GitOps paradigm, I am able to completely automate the provisioning, deployment, and operation of my homelab.
Check out the code repository.
OpenStack Host Management
- Builds a self-installing Rocky Linux ISO.
- Provides Ansible roles for deploying a single-node OpenStack cloud.
- Optional: Provides a GitLab Runner for infrastructure CI/CD jobs.
- Media server platform, with requests and automated acquisitions.
- Home automation platform, easily integrated with the media platform.
- Automated infrastructure provisioning, and application deployment.
- Leverages Podman containers, and SELinux, for isolation.
- Automatic OS and application container updates.
- Automatic, incremental backups.
Kubernetes Cluster (in development)
- Fully automated cluster provisioning, integrated with GitLab CI.
- Continuous Deployment of applications, using Flux.
- Monitoring system based on Prometheus and Grafana.
- Optional: Highly available control plane.
- Coming soon: Automatic horizontal scaling.
- Coming soon: Automatic snapshots and backups.